Friday, July 3, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas in July Bloghop





Welcome to the CASE-ing Christmas "Christmas in July" bloghop!  We have prizes from our fabulous sponsors.  The challenge is a bit different from what we usually do, but we think you'll like it!  If you arrived here from Asha's blog you are in the right place.  If you would like to start at the beginning of the bloghop head on over to the CASE-ing Christmas blog to begin.  Make sure you complete and comment on the stops in the hop for the most chances to win! 

Here's our list of sponsors for the hop!
Christmas Post


Deedee's Digis



boutique

Polkadoodles Ltd

The challenge for is for us to CASE ourselves (a non-Christmas Card to a Christmas Card).  I made two cards and CASE'd myself off of this card:
Crafty Colonel Donna Nuce, Close to My Heart Taste of Summer Stamp Set, for CSSC #5 challenge.
For my first card I used sponsor's images from DeeDee's Digis and MHK designs.  I flipped the card on it's side for this CASE.  I scored the star ornaments and folded them to get a 3d effect and popped the background paper also.  The stars and sentiment are coated with Wink of Stella for a nice sparkle.

Crafty Colonel Donna Nuce, For CASE-ing Christmas, DeeDee's Digis, MHK designs

My second card uses stamps from Paper Sweeties.  The stars are coated with a Wink of Stella.

Crafty Colonel Donna Nuce, for CASE-ING Christmas, Paper Sweeties Stamps

Your next stop in the bloghop is Rocky's blog.  Hop on over and see what she did!  After you're done hopping come back to the CASE-ing Christmas blog and link up your creation with us.  This hop is also a Design Team Call.  Can't wait to see what you'll show us!
Happy Crafting!
Donna

28 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome Christmas cards with great design!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! Love the colors you chose! Those popped stars are my favorite. What a fun idea for this sketch, case yourself. I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I love the simplicity of your design and the beautiful rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOVE these, Donna! I adore the fun layout you CASEd--it's fabulous! Your star themes are very "July", too! Brilliant! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all! Your chosen card is a brilliant choice for caseing, I might be caseing this one too some time in the future:)
    Those folded stars look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun takes on the original!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great simple styled cards Donna, nice bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great simple styled cards Donna, nice bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna, What great cards you have made, I love the second card you made it reminds me of warm blankets with patched panels on it! Have a great summer holiday... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards! I love the papers you used on both, and the stars are just the right touch. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting as part of the blog hop. What lovely Christmas crafting x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donna
    Both cards are terrific. Love non traditional cards.
    Hope your hop goes well.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are all fabulous cards Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great adaptable sketch design ~ I like the plaid paper and stars!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loovee your idea with star element and folded it
    cool effect for your card
    and great CASE ing of your card
    lovely christmas card both..
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the stars! I"m not sure if you were going for this - but they look edible!!! Right out of the cookie press!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna what beautiful cards you have made, fab papers.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two great creations - red and green are always a perfect match but I really love the checked background paper on the second card- really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great clean and simple cards for Christmas! Easy to reproduce in bulk. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the card you cased and the Christmas cards inspired by it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute cards - I especially like the dimensional stars.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful design! I love both of your cards, and the original that you CASE'd. Might have to CASE this design myself!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful design! I love both of your cards, and the original that you CASE'd. Might have to CASE this design myself!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Donna! Just fabulous what you did with your CASE choice!
    I really love the folded stars - what a great dimension that gives to them! The patterned stars on the second card fit very well with the large background plaid! Superb!!
    Have a great day!
    hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty, Donna. Love that you used Paper Sweeties, and did the stars in plaid. So Christmas-y!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super impressive and so fun the way you took the orange slices card and changed it to stars!! Great CASEing of yourself - love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.